Saturday, December 17, 2011

Happiness?


Hello. Assalamualaikum~


Do you know what it would take for you to be happy? I mean the really, truly, no matter what is going on in your life, kind of happiness that seeps in through your cells and leaves you content, satisfied, grateful, inspired and excited all at the same time. Do you have that kind of happiness? Do you know how to get it?

There is a state of Happiness that people can acquire that had nothing to do with their mood. Let’s face it, everyone has an off day once in awhile. As I am writing this, I have just recovered from a very off-moment of coffee making where I forgot to put the carafe under the spout. I re-entered the room to see coffee grounds and hot brown liquid pouring over my counter tops, cabinets and all over my floors.

I don’t know about you but incidents like that don’t start my day off in the “Happy” mood. In fact, you can feel lucky you missed the high-pitched squeal and and assorted words that followed my discovery.
For some, a morning discovery like that would have been enough to ruin their entire day. In fact, they likely would have proclaimed it to be a day wrecker. Deeming the rest of the day to be shot before it began.

However, when we remember that happiness is a choice, that we can actively pursue the thought of, “I am Happy, Content and Grateful for my life,” even when annoyances and other people seem to be getting in the way, then the thought will change the circumstances of our moments.

How many times have you said, “My day was RUINED…” by some annoyance or travesty. How about a reset thought to “That was an interesting moment…I’m very grateful that the rest of my day won’t be like that…”

By changing our thoughts- we change our actions. By changing our actions, we change our relationships, opportunities and our future.


Choose happy, grateful thoughts and watch the happiness follow.


Sincerely,
cikmuda []

No comments:

Daisypath Friendship tickers