Oh hello again. Assalamualaikum, dear readers~
I love reading, a lot. Since I was in an elementary school, one thing I surely hate is reading. But day after day, year after year, reading has taught me many things. It makes me love it, the reading things. By reading, you learn many things. The good and the bad things. You can think it yourself.
How many of you haven't read much lately? It is good, you know. It is an adventure for everyone to explore. For example, reading a storybook or a novel. It is the best thing for road trips or when you are bored.
Reading can also expand your vocabulary and give you ideas. It builds your imagination. Reading makes you smarter in many different ways. There so much things you can gain by reading. It can give you every type of feeling there is. And now, you are reading, too!
Here is state why reading is good for you, reading:
1. Builds your brain! Unlike zoning out in front of the TV, reading makes you think more and you really get to stretch those brain muscles. A healthy mind = a healthy me (you)!
2. Opens you up to a whole new wonderful world of words. While reading books, especially challenging ones, you will find yourself exposed to many new words, words that you would never have befriended otherwise.
3. Makes you well travelled. You don’t need to get onto to a plane to travel through continents. Through reading you are exposed to: the wonders of the world, various cultures and religions, diverse personalities as well as a multitude of concepts.
4. Indulges the imagination. A book has no limits and each scene or character is viewed differently by each person. You use your imagination by using the text to put a picture into place. Images of the imagination are unique to every individual, this is what makes us personally connect to the books that we read. A good imagination leads to good creativity.
5. Is therapeutic! You can learn a lot about yourself whilst reading a book. Finding out who you are, what you are interested in and what you expect from the world leads to self-acceptance and the feeling of self-worth.
6. Helps you become an interesting person. Well read people are always more entertaining to talk to as their views and ideas cover a broader and more imaginative spectrum. Food for thought, that’s what it’s called!
7. Improves your memory; reading requires the ability to remember details, facts and figures, plot lines, themes and characters. Many studies show if you don’t use your memory, you lose it.
8. Is a fundamental skill builder. Every good course on the planet has a matching book to go with it. Why? Because books help clarify difficult subjects. Books provide information that goes deeper than just classroom discussion.
9. Develops your concentration skills. Like I pointed out before, reading books takes brain power. Reading takes a great deal of concentration and like most skills, practice makes perfect!
10. Reading is plain old FUN FUN FUN! Whether you are working your way through an investigation, dramatising your way through a novel or just learning something new… reading is entertaining, thought provoking and FUN!!!